Business without online representation has been unreal for a long time. Social networks, search engines, websites and applications are an integral part of todays society’s normal life.
Today we will talk about one of the most complex and interesting branches of digital marketing – SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and try to understand what it is and how it can benefit the business.
Suppose you have a pizzeria in the center of Yerevan. It works very well, you have no shortage of customers, but why miss the opportunity to have more orders and expand the business? You create a website for this purpose, but the number of online sales is not satisfactory. What to do then?
Imagine. Heavy and full working week at Sparsis marketing company. Hungry Azat wants pizza on Friday night, but he’s tired of the “pizza” at the nearest supermarket and can’t decide where to order it. This is where Google comes to his rescue. Azat goes to Google and collects the query “order pizza”. This is where the online war of websites begins and ends. Azat visits the website ranked 1st in the search results, familiarizes himself with the menu, delivery, payment options, then explores the 2nd, 3rd websites, makes his mind, and forms the order.
An hour later, Azat is fed and happy, the website he ordered the pizza from has a new customer, and he didn’t get to know your pizzeria’s delicious selection and much more affordable prices because you were on page 6 of the search results.
Two conclusions can be drawn from the above-mentioned real case:
- Having a website does not mean having online sales. For this, you need to work on the site: optimize it, increase the positions in search engines, advertise on social media platforms etc. Ask yourself, how many times have you visited the 2nd or 3rd page of Google, doesn’t a higher ranking site not inspire confidence?
- SEO is mostly about “catching” undecided customers. This means that if Azat knew for sure that he would end up ordering pizza from his favorite pizzeria, he would have phrased the query differently on Google. In other words, the task of the SEO specialist is to make the undecided client come to you.
Some interesting facts about SEO:
- About 68% of online sales start from search engines.
- Only 0.63% of users visit the 2nd page of Google.
- 63% of website visits are from search engines.
- More than 8.5 billion searches are performed on Google every day.
Benefits of SEO:
- Sales without big expenses. If the site is optimized and has high organic positions, then there is no need for paid advertising.
- Increasing brand recognition. Whether Azat ordered the pizza from the 1st site or the 2nd, he learned about another pizzeria and will surely keep it in mind for the next hungry evening.
- Creates a competitive advantage over competitors occupying lower positions.
- Attracting new customers.
Businesses that don’t ignore SEO have a greater chance of expanding their customer base and sales.
By the way, not only pizzerias can use SEO services of Sparsis marketing company.